Sunday, August 14, 2016

ANOTHER WORLD 233 Christy gets her news

aw_zpsaw3ukkjy.jpg
ANOTHER WORLD 233
Christy gets her news


BAY CITY CENTER
Jason Shane Scott as Eric Stenbeck
COFFEE SHOP...people are walking in and out with their coffees, while
Sal Stowers as KC Burrell
KC walks up the counter.  Before she can order her drink, Eric hands her coffee filled cup…
ERIC:  Hazel nut, one sugar, five creams.
KC smiles and takes the cup.
KC:  Oh you’ve been studying me.
ERIC:  I’ve tried.
KC:  Actually I like two sugars and four creams.
ERIC:  They both equal six right?
KC:  I suppose they do.
ERIC:  Speaking of which, I get off at six.  Why don’t we meet back here?  That is of course if...you’re not busy.
KC:  Wow um...I’m gonna go register for classes at B.C.U. but I can make it back here by six.
ERIC:  Well..see ya then.
----------
David Forsyth as John Hudson
Wendy Moniz as Brianna Jameson/Ellen Benson

Anna Holbrook as Sharlene Hudson
John introduces Sharlene to Brianna.  Matt is also standing next to Brianna.
BRIANNA:  Has he?  Hopefully good things.
SHARLENE:  Well for starters you saved Tyrone and Marley’s baby.  That’s to be celebrated.
BRIANNA:  Listen it’s not a bigga deal as Dr. Hudson makes it out to be.
JOHN:  It is a big deal.  You saved a newborn baby from being kidnapped, and I’ve already put it in your file.
BRIANNA:  Thank you Dr. Hudson but you didn’t have to do that.
JOHN:  Well too late.  It’s already done.  HR has a copy.  What you did was beyond commendable.
BRIANNA:  Matt would you mind walking me back to the hospital?
MATT:  Your shift’s gonna start soon?
BRIANNA:  Yeah in about twenty minutes.
MATT:  Alright.  We’ll catch you guys later.
JOHN:  See ya at the hospital.
Matt and Brianna walk away.
SHARLENE:  Awfully modest about what she did.
JOHN:  Do you think I was...pouring it on?
SHARLENE:  Hmm maybe a little.  I helped with that, too.
JOHN:  If she hadn’t acted as quickly as she did, Roman Montgomery might be missing.
SHARLENE:  You made a good hire there.   I hope the board strongly considers making you permanent Chief of Staff.
JOHN:  We’ll see.
SHARLENE:  If Brianna could save a baby, I wonder what else she’s going to do.
-------------
Stephen Schnetzer as Cass Winthrop

Linda Dano as Felicia Gallant Blake

MEANWHILE...Cass and Felicia continue their discussion at their table.
FELICIA:  I bet she did.  What about the text you got?
CASS:  The picture of Maggie bound and gagged?
FELICIA:  Yes that one.
CASS:  It came from Maggie’s phone.
FELICIA:  There’s got to be something there that can help us tie Christy to the kidnapping.  Didn’t Maggie see something?  Hear something?
CASS:  She doesn’t remember.
FELICIA:  My my.  She is clever.
CASS:  You’re right, but she couldn’t have done this by herself but It seemed like it was just Christy and me there.  Using Maggie as leverage to get my sperm sample.
FELICIA:  So Maggie was being held somewhere else?
CASS:  Everything is so cloudy about this!  And we have no evidence....nothing to go on.
FELICIA:  Oh honey.  We’re gonna get to the bottom of this okay.  She is one sick woman.  She did all of this so she could get pregnant?
CASS:  You don’t have to tell me twice.
Felicia looks over at another table.  She notices a glass with wine in it, and she starts panting.
CASS:  Felicia?  Are you okay?
FELICIA:  Cass I...I don’t know what’s going on.  Something’s wrong.
CASS:  What is it?
FELICIA:  Lately I...I’ve had this strong urge to take a drink.  I don’t know when or how this came about.
----------
Mark Pinter as Grant Harrison

Robin Mattson as Christy Carson
GRANT’S HOUSE...Grant is in his living room on his cell phone.  His back is turned to the door while Christy walks in.
GRANT:  What have you got?  Nothing?  What do you mean?  I pay you handsomely now I want you to find my son!
CHRISTY:  Find your son?  Just scroll down and find Kirkland’s number in your phone.
GRANT:  How the hell did you get in here?  Didn’t I tell you return my keys?
CHRISTY:  Well what do you think I’m doing now?
GRANT:  You’re about to boast.
CHRISTY:  You really think you know me don’t you?
GRANT:  Am I right?
CHRISTY:  Maybe I just came down here to see how you were doing...and give you back your keys.
GRANT:  At least half of that statement is true.
CHRISTY:  Such little faith in me Grant, after everything we’ve done for each other.
GRANT:  You’ll never let me forget it will you?
CHRISTY:  I’ll leave your keys on your antique coffee table.
GRANT:  Oh Christy your pot of whatever it is you have to tell me is boiling.
CHRISTY:  Well there’s really nothing to tell except that...I’m expecting a call from Dr. Weston.
GRANT:  Your fertility doctor slash aging expert.
CHRISTY:  Yes...he’s gonna tell me if it worked.
GRANT:  Ewww do I really wanna hear the rest?
CHRISTY:  Yes the procedure...if Cass’s sperm successfully fertilized my eggs.  
GRANT:  Your eggs?  Aren’t they kind of...powdered?
CHRISTY:  You can joke now, but you won’t be laughing when Dr. Weston…
Christy’s cell phone rings...and she nervously looks at the caller ID, and turns her back to Grant.
CHRISTY:  Hello?  Dr. Weston.  Okay.  Thank you.
Christy presses “end call” and turns around to face Grant.
GRANT:  Well?  Are ya havin’ a baby or not?
CAMERA PAN ON CHRISTY...SLOW FADE TO THEME SONG

-----------
PART 2
Matt Crane as Matt Cory
HOSPITAL...the elevator doors open and Matt and Brianna walk out and stop to face each other...and Maggie walks up and spies them, unseen, from around the corner.
BRIANNA:  You’re right.  That tour didn’t take long.
MATT:  I told you Bay City wasn’t that big, but you were hailed a hero.
BRIANNA:  Oh we’re gonna start that again.
MATT:  Why don’t you just accept it?  You’re a hero.
BRIANNA:  Nooooo I’m not.  My shift’s gonna start.
MATT:  Okay okay...I’m gonna get to the office.  I wonder if...I get a...second date.
BRIANNA:  I didn’t know we had a first one.  
MATT:  Alright.  A first date?
BRIANNA (smiling):  That could be arranged…call me.
MATT (smiling):  I will.
Matt presses the down button to the elevator as Brianna leaves.  Maggie walks up to Matt.
MAGGIE:  Looks like you guys are hitting it off.
-----------
CASS:  Have you told Mitch?
FELICIA:  He’s out of town visiting Sam.  I’ll tell him when he gets back.
CASS:  Please.  Have you called your sponsor?
FELICIA:  I haven’t taken a swig of anything yet Cass?
CASS:  Anything going on in your life?  Anything you need to talk about?
FELICIA:  No.  It’s been over twenty years since I had a drink.  I can handle it.
CASS:  You need to call your sponsor if you’re feeling like this.  I have to go.  Promise me you’ll call me if your urges get stronger okay?
FELICIA:  I promise.
CASS:  I love you.
FELICIA:  Love you, too honey.
Before Cass can get up and leave, Christy walks up to them.
CHRISTY:  Well if it isn’t tweedle-dee and tweedle-dum.
-----------
Rhonda Ross Kendrick as Toni Burrell
KC walks in her house and Toni appears in her police uniform.
KC:  Hey.  I thought you’d be at work.
TONI:  I’m working the swing shift tonight.  Did you sign up for your classes at B.C.U.?
KC:  Yes I did.  I’m particularly looking forward to the public relations courses.
TONI:  Sounds challenging.
KC:  Yes it is.
TONI:  No doubt in my mind.  
KC:  Oh if you wanna get in touch with me I’ll be out so I may be slow to respond.
TONI:  Out?  Where?
KC:  I don’t know yet.  That’ll be up to Eric.
TONI:  Eric?
KC:  He wants me to meet him at the coffee house at the end of his shift.
TONI:  Oh...ok.
KC:  Toni can you at least be happy for me?  Eric is cool.
TONI:  Look I...I just want you to be careful okay.  I want you to really get to know him before you invest any feelings.
KC:  I wish you would trust me more.
TONI:  I do trust you.  It’s Eric I don’t trust.
------
Eric slowly approaches the front door of the coffee shop, and sees Christy over at Cass and Felicia’s table, as Felicia stands up to face Christy.
CASS:  What are you doing here?
FELICIA:  You evil woman!
CHRISTY:  Last I looked I was a free woman, and the Bay City Center was a public place.  
FELICIA:  When are you going to leave?  When are you going to leave us alone?
CHRISTY:  That day is closer than you could ever imagine.
CASS:  Let’s speed it up!
FELICIA:  How do you live with yourself after what you’ve done?
CHRISTY:  And what exactly did I do?
FELICIA:  You know what you did!  You kidnapped Maggie and forced Cass to give you a sperm sample.
CHRISTY:  I have no idea what you’re talking about.  I didn’t kidnap anybody.
CASS:  You used Maggie as leverage.
CHRISTY:  It’s actually admirable what you did.  You put your daughter’s needs and well being above your own.  Fatherhood really fits you.
FELICIA:  A strait jacket would fit you.
Felicia begins to sweat and feel dizzy, and puts her hand on the table to break a potential fall, and she starts getting short of breath.
CHRISTY:  What’s the matter Felicia?
FELICIA:  None of your business.
CHRISTY:  Would you like some wine?
CASS:  Get the hell outta here Christy.  Don’t you get enough of causing trouble?
CHRISTY:  Cass, that’s no way to speak to me.  After all, I am a mother.
FELICIA:  You’re no kind of mother!
CHRISTY:  Yes I am.
Christy grabs Cass’s hand and places it on her stomach.  Cass doesn’t move as he starts to figure out what Christy is alluding to.  CASS:  No.  Can’t be.
CHRISTY:  Yes...it is.  This is your baby.  It worked.  I’m pregnant.
Suddenly, Frankie appears.
Alice Barrett Mitchell as Frankie Frame
FRANKIE:  What?
Christy faces Frankie.
CHRISTY:  Mary-Frances?
FRANKIE:  Did I hear right?  You’re pregnant with Cass’s baby?
FREEZE FRAME ON CHRISTY...SLOW FADE OUT...END OF EPISODE 233







2 comments:

  1. OOPS! Frankie came in just in time. That was a good cliffhanger right there! Christy couldn't have arranged it better if she tried. I can't wait to see how badly this goes over. Surely Frankie won't understand what's really gone down.

    Brianna and Matt are due to become an item. I wonder how this will go down. Matt doesn't have the best track record with women, and Brianna is a full on mess, so we know this will become a problem, if Brianna unravels like her mom has.

    Toni is right to be cautious about Eric. KC doesn't know what he's capable of, but you know it's gonna be a real mess when everything comes out. Obviously, their relationship is gonna build from here, and I can't wait for how it's all gonna go down.

    Sharlene has NO idea what's in store with Brianna, and I can't wait to see it. It was a simple scene between them, but again, a great set up for what I'm sure is about to go down. GOOD stuff.

    Excellent episode beginning to end. GREAT work, Cary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great episode. It was slower paced and very fleshed out. New romances are starting in Eric and KC, Matt and Brianna.
    Christy is a mother. I was cracking up when she asked FEFE if she wanted a drink LOL. A good cliffhanger scene. Nice twist and classic soap and u kept us waiting till the end to to find out if Christy is pregnant. Cary I really enjoyed the pacing of the episode. Everything was fleshed out.

    ReplyDelete