Tuesday, July 26, 2016

ANOTHER WORLD 232 Sharlene meets Brianna

Written By C. Nathaniel Richardson
ANOTHER WORLD 232
Sharlene meets Brianna
Written by:  C. Nathaniel Richardson
Consultants:  Alex Beeby, ML Cooks, Nick Monarco


AT THE CENTER…
Cass walks up to a table, where Felicia sits.  They greet her with a kiss on her right cheek, then he sits down.
FELICIA:  Hey there.
CASS:  I’m glad you called.
FELICIA:  Everything okay?
CASS:  After last night.  I dunno.
FELICIA:  Poor Rachel and those kids.  They lost Carl.
CASS:  He had an effect on all of us.
FELICIA:  You can say that again.  I mean he had you shot when he was trying to find Kathleen’s informant.
CASS:  And all the things he made Lorna do.
FELICIA:  Yes I...I still have somewhat of a hard time dealing with that.  If I had known that Lorna was my daughter I could have protected her...and found out about Devin.
CASS:  That’s right you’re a grandma now.  Feel old yet?
FELICIA:  Cass!
CASS:  Oh come on.  You gotta be thrilled that you have a grandson.
FELICIA:  Oh of course I am.  
CASS:  Lorna still here?
FELICIA:  Yeah she’s going back to London.  I wonder if Devin’s going back with her.
CASS:  You want him to stay?
FELICIA:  Yes.  I’d love to have him here...with me.
CASS:  You know after we left the hospital, Marley came in.
FELICIA:  Really?  She had the baby?
CASS:  She sure did...and someone tried to kidnap him.
FELICIA:  Are you serious?  My God there’s way too much going on in this town.  Did they find the kidnapper?
CASS:  It was someone named Joy Kramer.
FELICIA:  Joy Kramer?  Marshall’s daughter?
CASS:  You know her?
FELICIA:  Yeah I ran into her here a few weeks back.  Why would she kidnap Tyrone and Marley’s child?
CASS:  I dunno.  
FELICIA:  Is the baby alright?
CASS:  Yeah he’s fine.  John and this new nurse stopped her from taking the baby out of the hospital.
-------------------------------------------
AT THE HUDSONS...
John is straightening his tie in the living room mirror.  He turns around and Sharlene walks up to him.
SHARLENE:  Look at you, just as handsome as ever.
JOHN:  Hmmm are you trying to butter me up or something?
SHARLENE:  Of course not.  Why would I ever wanna do that?  
JOHN:  Because you think I forgot about our breakfast at the Center today.  
SHARLENE:  Ahhh see I actually...well.
John looks at her and smiles.
SHARLENE:  Okay okay I...did think it might have slipped your mind.
JOHN:  Why would I not remember something like that?  I get to spend some time with my wife.  Besides, I’m gonna need something in my body.  I gotta do a major surgery today.
SHARLENE:  I guess you won’t be back til tonight.
JOHN:  I promise I’ll hurry home.
SHARLENE:  You better.
They kiss.
JOHN:  I could use some rest after last night.
SHARLENE:  You guys caught someone trying to kidnap Roman Montgomery.
JOHN:  It was the nurse I hired.  Brianna Jameson.  She stopped the kidnapper.  She’s the real hero.
---------------------------------
GRAVESITE
Brianna walks slowly to Taylor Benson’s gravesite and flashes back:
The living room is decorated with red and green streamers.  A huge, fully decorated Christmas tree with silver icicles, red and green ornaments, stands in the corner with the lights flashing.  Young Brianna sits on the couch combing her doll’s hair when Taylor walks in the door.  Young Brianna runs up to Taylor.  Taylor picks her up and hugs her.
YOUNG BRIANNA:  Mommy mommy!
TAYLOR:  Hi my sweet Ellen.
YOUNG BRIANNA:  You’re home!  
TAYLOR:  Yes baby.  I promised you I’d come and see you.
YOUNG BRIANNA:  I bet you’re not gonna stay huh?
TAYLOR:  Honey.  You know mommy has to work.
YOUNG BRIANNA:  I know.
TAYLOR:  Baby, I know you’re disappointed, but mommy is doing this for you.  All for you.  My practice is going really well.
YOUNG BRIANNA:  Jodie’s always watching me.
TAYLOR:  Jodie’s a good nanny, and I know she takes excellent care of you.
YOUNG BRIANNA:  I want you to take care of me.
TAYLOR:  And I am.  That’s why mommy works.  I’m gonna move to a new city, and maybe find a daddy for you.  We can be a family. Mommy loves you.
Brianna flashes back to Taylor lying in the hospital bed.
(EPISODE 214)
Taylor is getting agitated and it is weakening her.
Taylor:  Yes...I should have...should have finished Sharlene when I had the chance, and that’s what I want you to do.  She destroyed my life.
Brianna:  What is it mama?  I’ll do whatever you want.
Taylor:   I want you to...finish what mama started.  Finish Sharlene Hudson.
Brianna flashes back to the present.
BRIANNA:  You’re all I had mama and I miss you.  I promise you I’m gonna carry out your wishes.  
CAMERA PAN ON BRIANNA...SLOW FADE TO THEME SONG

--------------------------------------------
PART 2
SHARLENE:  She did?
JOHN:  Yeah.  I was so surprised by it all.  Happened so fast.
SHARLENE:  Well Tyrone and Marley got their baby back right?
JOHN:  They did.  I’m glad we were able to figure things out quickly.
SHARLENE:  You know I had a nightmare once.  I was in a cell and Taylor was walking away with Gregory.  I felt so helpless.  Can’t imagine what Marley must have been feeling.
JOHN:  Neither one of us lost our babies right?
Sharlene:  Right.
JOHN:  You know I told Brianna about how Gregory was born.
SHARLENE:  You mean the shed where Taylor lured me.
JOHN:  Then the subject came up again.  She wanted to tell her more about it.
SHARLENE:  I wonder what her made her ask you that.
JOHN:  It’s all weird what effect that woman seems to still have on our lives all these years later.
John sighs.
SHARLENE:  Let’s...not talk about Taylor.
JOHN:  Good idea.  Let’s go get breakfast.
-------------------------------------------------------------
AT THE HOSPITAL…
Brianna is at the nurse’s station inputting something in the computer.  She looks up and sees Matt.
BRIANNA:  Well hi there.
MATT:  Helloooo nurse.
BRIANNA:  Hmm.  I take it you’re here to take me on that tour you promised me.
MATT:  No I was just...taking a stroll and I happened upon the hospital and came to see you.
Brianna smiles and looks back down at her computer and continues to input data.
BRIANNA:  Oh smooth talker huh?
MATT:  Alright alright you got me.  Bay City’s pretty small so there won’t be much to show you.  That is, of course, if you’re free.
BRIANNA:  I’m just here early finishing up some work from yesterday, but my shift doesn’t start for another hour.  Let’s get outta here.
Matt and Brianna leave the nurse’s station and Maggie spies them from a short distance.
---------------------------------------------------------
FELICIA:  You told me on the phone that Maggie was kidnapped last night?  How did that happen?
CASS:  She disappeared between the time she left our house and the time I found her in front of the Corys.
FELICIA:  You mean to tell me someone just dropped her off on Rachel’s doorstep?  How could someone do that?  Who?  
Cass just stares at Felicia as she starts to figure things out.
FELICIA:  Christy?  Why would she kidnap Maggie?  
CASS:  To get something from me.  
FELICIA:  Well what would she want from you?
CASS:  You’re not gonna believe it when I tell you.
FELICIA:  She couldn’t have done that by herself.  
CASS:  Are you saying she had some help?
FELICIA:  She had to have.  
CASS:  They sent me a picture to my phone of Maggie from the warehouse.
FELICIA:  Have you called the police?  
CASS:  It was sent from Maggie’s phone.
FELICIA:  Are you telling me there’s no evidence?  
CASS:  Christy’s very clever.  She made sure her tracks were covered.
--------------------------------------
MEANWHILE...Matt and Brianna walk into the Center.
MATT:  And this...is Bay City Center.  It’s only about ten years old, so it’s fairly new.
They continue to walk slowly, side by side, as Brianna looks up and around.
BRIANNA:  This place looks...nice….active.
MATT:  It seems like you can run into everyone down here.
BRIANNA:  Town is that small huh?
MATT (sighs):  Bay City holds so many things.  Happiness; secrets; life; death.
Brianna looks away as if to remember Taylor.
BRIANNA:  Yeah…
John notices Matt and Brianna….
JOHN:  Hey there she is.
SHARLENE:  Who?
JOHN:  Brianna.  The nurse who stopped the kidnapper.  Hey Brianna come over here.
SHARLENE:  The one who’s with Matt?
MATT:  Hey let’s go see John and Sharlene.
BRIANNA:  I...I really gotta get back to the hospital.
MATT:  It’ll just take a minute.
Matt and a reluctant Brianna go over to John and Sharlene’s table.
JOHN:  This is the hero from last night.
BRIANNA:  Dr. Hudson…
MATT:  Hero?
JOHN:  Yeah she saved Roman Montgomery from being kidnapped.
BRIANNA:  No it was just…I was just doing my job.
JOHN:  Come on.  You did great.  Sharlene, this is Brianna.
Sharlene stands up and extends her right hand, and Brianna reluctantly extends hers...and they shake.
SHARLENE:  Nice to meet you.  John’s told me so much about you.
FREEZE FRAME ON SHARLENE...SLOW FADE OUT...END OF EPISODE 232

2 comments:

  1. Very clever ending and what a great episode. I feel like we learned a lot about brianna and i was glad. It filled in a lot for me. Sharlene. So far seems to not recognize her through family semblence via taylor. The set up of this ep was very nice. Another good one

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very simple, but great episode. Sharlene meets the woman that's about to radically change her life. OOOO, this is GOOD.

    I loved the simplicity of the episode. Cass and Felicia discussing Christy's plans and Maggie's kidnapping, down to Matt and Brianna as they head toward that fateful meeting. Great stuff!

    John and Sharlene, remembering Taylor was a nice touch.

    This was a very simple episode, but it's a very important one. I enjoyed every aspect of it, and I know it's going to be a big turning point, so great job there.

    ReplyDelete