Saturday, June 18, 2016

ANOTHER WORLD 228 The Love/Hudsons celebrate a new birth

ANOTHER WORLD 228
The Love/Hudsons celebrate a new birth
Written by:  C. Nathaniel Richardson
Consultants:  Alex Beeby, ML Cooks, Nick Monarco, DRW50


AT THE HOSPITAL
John and Brianna go into the staff locker room.
John:  You’re a real pro in there.
Brianna:  I’ve delivered babies before.  It’s always a joy to see the families happy.  The mother having a baby; the father right there with her.  Must be nice.
John:  I wasn’t there when Gregory was born.  Sharlene gave birth to our son in a shed.
Brianna:  Wow.  
John:  Taylor Benson delivered him actually after she...never mind.
Brianna:  No tell me.  What did Taylor Benson do?  
John:  I...don’t really wanna get into that.
Brianna:  Oh um.  Ok.  
Brianna starts feeling around in her pockets.
John:  Looks like you lost something.
Brianna:  Yeah I...can’t find my badge.  Maybe I dropped it somewhere.
John:  Well go to a computer and log in.  If someone tries to use it, it will tell you where it was scanned.  Hopefully someone will return it.
------------------------------------------------------------
Tyrone wheels Marley in a wheelchair to the nursery.  They look through the glass at their baby in a bassinet labeled “Roman Montgomery” on the outside.  Donna, Michael and Vicky join them.
Marley:  Look at him Tyrone.  He’s so tiny.  So innocent.
Tyrone:  Our son.
Donna looks at Michael.
Donna:  And our grandson.
Marley:  Have you called your mother?
Tyrone:  She and Etta Mae are on their way.
Marley:  He’s a miracle.  I thought I was never gonna be able to have children.  I’m gonna shower all the love I have on him.
Tyrone:  He looks like a sports enthusiast.
Marley:  We will love our son whatever he wants to be.
Michael:  He’s got a large family behind him.
Donna:  Where’s everyone else?  Where are the twins?  Where’s  Kirkland and Victoria?  I’m gonna go see where they are.
-------------------------------------
Bridget and Michele are in the waiting area...quiet.  Each girl has her arms folded.  Bridget is sitting in a chair while Michele is sitting on the right arm of the couch closest to the glass door.  Michele looks at Bridget, rolls her eyes and gets up.
Michele:  I’m gonna go see how Aunt Marley’s doing.
Bridget:  No you’re not.  You’re gonna look for something to cut yourself with and blame it on me.
Michele:  You can’t stop being a bitch for two seconds can you?
Bridget:  Maybe after what you did tonight everyone will see that I was right about you.  You need help.
Michele turns around and walks slowly toward Bridget.  Bridget gets up as if to prepare for another fight.
Michele:  If you want a replay of what happened at the Corys I’m game, because I should have done it a long time ago.  I’ll be more than happy to beat the bitchiness out of you.
Bridget:  You think some fisticuffs is gonna change anything?  I still have Cory, and dad and grandpa think you’re crazy, too.
Michele:  Really?  After everything you’ve done, mom still supports me.  I’ve always been mom’s favorite daughter.  You’ve always been the black sheep; the outsider; the screw-up.
Bridget:  Shut your mouth!
Michele:  Deep down, dad knows it, too.  Mom knows what you’ve done, and sees you for the conniving little skank that you are, and that you’ll always be.
Bridget:  You crazy bitch!
Before they can start another physical fight, Kirkland races in and manages to get between them.
Kirkland:  No!  Not here!  You two can’t stay in a room alone without wanting to kill each other?
Michele:  Your bitch sister provoked me again!
Kirkland:  Bridget why don’t you go the nursery and see our little cousin.
Bridget:  But…
Kirkland:  Go!
Bridget looks at the both of them and walks out in disgust.
Kirkland:  When are you two gonna stop?
Michele:  It’s all her fault!  Wait til mom hears about what Bridget said.
Kirkland:  You’re not gonna tell mom anything about this.
Michele:  What do you mean?
Kirkland:  Both of you need counseling.  You gotta let this go.
You gotta stop being so angry.
-------------------------------------------------------
Vicky walks up to Steven.
Vicky:  How’s Rachel?
Steven:  I left a message on her voicemail.
Vicky:  I know the rest of her family’s there.  Did you call your dad?
Steven:  Not yet.  It’s still pretty late there.
Vicky:  Listen I’m...I’m sorry about the way I’ve behaved…
Steven:  But?
Vicky:  But what?
Steven:  You still don’t approve of Joy being in my life.
Vicky:  No I can’t.
Steven:  That’s too bad isn’t it?
Vicky:  That girl is a homewrecker!  I cannot just sit here and watch this happen.  She is going to destroy you.
Steven:  She was only eighteen years old when she had the affair with Tyrone.  You are still holding her past against her.  What if somebody held your past against you?  What she did before doesn’t stop me from…
Steven stops as he, and Vicky, realize something.
Vicky:  Oh my God.  You’ve fallen for her haven’t you?  You’re in love with her.
Steven gets a text.  He looks on his phone.  The text is from Joy.
Joy(text):  I’m home.  
Steven (return text):  Good.  Thank you for being with me tonight.  I love you.
-----------------------------------
MEANWHILE, Joy walks around the corner on the same floor.  She looks around to see if anyone sees her, and slips into a room.  She then gets a text from Steven.  She looks at her phone a bit jolted.  Steven’s declaration has taken her aback.  She takes a deep breath and texts back.
Joy:  I love you, too.
Joy looks around and sees scrubs.  Joy is not home.  She is in a hospital supply closet as she has a flashback:
(EPISODE 174)
Reginald:  Joy Joy Joy.
Joy:  Did you do it?
Reginald:  The antidote?   
Joy:  Thomasina said she’s feeling better.
Reginald:  Yes I called and they gave her the antidote.
Joy:  Then we’re even.
Reginald:  No we’re not.  I can get to her whenever I want.
Joy:  So what does that mean?  What else do you want me to do?
Reginald:  I don’t have to tell you.  I want to raise the next patriarch of my family, and you’re going to get him.
Joy:  Where the hell am I supposed to get...no.  You can’t make me do that.
Reginald:  You don’t want Thomasina to get sick again do you?  Get me my great grandson.
Joy flashes back to the present and she notices Brianna’s hospital badge on the floor, and she picks it up.
Joy:  I’m so sorry Steven but I have to do this.
CAMERA PAN ON JOY...SLOW FADE TO THEME SONG.

----------------------------------------------------
PART 2
MARLEY’S ROOM
Marley lies in the bed.  Michael is sitting at her bedside.
Marley:  I don’t think I can get any happier than I am now.
Michael:  You’re very lucky.
Marley:  I am...very lucky.  Lucky to have a husband who loves me; lucky to still have my parents; Vicky, Allen, all of you.
Michael:  Your grandfather didn’t allow us to have this type of moment when you and Victoria were born.
Marley:  Don’t bring him up.  Happy thoughts.  Happy memories.
Michael:  Of course.  The birth of your child is something you’re always gonna remember.
Marley:  And that you came back.  We all thought you were dead, but you fought your way back to us.  I’m so glad you’re here dad.
Michael clenches Marley’s right hand.
Michael:  There’s nowhere else I’d rather be.
----------------------------------------------
OUTSIDE MARLEY’S ROOM
Allen is talking to Tyrone.
Allen:  Look at you man.
Tyrone:  Yeah.  I got a son.  My boy Roman.  I mean this is just the icing on the cake.  All this time we thought Marley couldn’t get pregnant.  Just miraculous.
Allen:  I know.  I’m just...glad I can be here to share this with you bro.
Tyrone:  Thank you.  
Allen:  For what?
Tyrone:  You helped me to realize that my anger was misplaced.  Our father is the one I was really mad at.  
Allen:  You can’t be too mad.  He raised you.  What was he like?
Tyrone:  Typical dad I guess.  Be a man.  Don’t show any emotions.  
Allen:  I didn’t get to spend hardly any time with him.  You did.  That’s why I’m so insistent on being in KC’s life.  Our dad wasn’t there for me.
Tyrone:  I ain’t sending my boy off to no boarding school.  I’m gonna be there for him.  I’m taking him to all his games; to all his practices.  Whatever he wants to do.  I’m gonna support him.  I will never give up on my son.
Allen:  I know, cuz I ain’t gonna let you.  He’s my nephew you know?
Tyrone:  You know what’s so great about this, too?
Allen:  What’s that?
Tyrone:  I got my brother with me.
Allen:  I got you.
They hug and Donna and KC walk up to them.
KC:  Look at this.  My dad and my uncle Tyrone….bonding.
Donna:  I called my sister.  She told me the good news.
Allen:  I’ve had a good night.
Donna:  I can’t find Victoria or the girls.  Have you seen them?
Tyrone:  No.  I heard about what happened between Michele and Bridget.  
Donna:  Let’s hope that doesn’t happen again.
-----------------------------------------------
Michele:  So what’s the matter?  You think I’m crazy, too?
Kirkland:  Getting help doesn’t mean you’re ill.  It means you need to get rid of this anger you’ve got.
Michele:  I’m sure you’ve heard what she did.
Kirkland:  I know what happened.  She was devastated, hurt, and could hardly forgive herself when we thought you were dead.  She felt really down about losing you.
Michele:  She’s got me, and the only she can act toward me is bitchy.
Kirkland:  You both are doing it to each other.  Serve and volley.  
Michele:  You’re comparing us to tennis.
Kirkland:  Come on.  I can’t stand to see my little sisters fighting all the time.  Can you at least consider it?
Michele:  Getting help?  I don’t need any help.  She’s the one who needs it.  Mom’s on my side.
-------------------------------------------------
Vicky:  Who was that?  Joy?
Steven:  I told her to text me when she got home.
Vicky:  I’m gonna see about Marley.
Steven:  Mom.  
Vicky:  What is it?
Steven:  I love you.
Vicky smiles as her eyes well up.
Vicky:  I love you, too my firstborn child.  
Steven:  Let’s go see about Aunt Marley.
Vicky:  Good idea.
---------------------------------------------
The Love/Hudsons surround Marley who is lying in her bed.
Marley:  Would you look at this?  It means so much to have all of you here.
Vicky:  We got a little one to look after now.
Donna:  He’s gonna have a hell of a time being a part of this family.
----------------------------------------------
MEANWHILE, Bridget stands at the glass of the nursery, and watches her cousin Roman in his bassinet.  
Bridget:  Are you sure you wanna be part of this family Roman?  Your cousin Michele is crazy.
As Bridget walks away, Joy, dressed in blue hospital scrubs, with a mask over her nose and mouth, scans Brianna’s stolen badge into the nursery, walks over to and stands over Roman Montgomery’s bassinet.
Marley (V.O.):  Roman’s gonna love all of you.  Let’s go see him.
FREEZE FRAME ON JOY...SLOW FADE OUT...END OF 228





4 comments:

  1. Very good episode. Seeing the love mckinnon and montgomery clans was very nice and soothing. Those families needed a moment like this. The amount of history is rich and very generational.

    Just as Steven thinks he loves joy joy makes a move and prepares to kidnap roman. Id like to see how far she will get.

    Michele and bridget were eletric. Those feelings really came out . im glad they got it all out. Idk which one to root for.

    Vicky sure does have a lot of children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the family dynamics here. A perfect snapshot of the Love clan right there. The tension rising as Joy's scheme takes shape, and all the family drama playing out. You've got a really tight, exciting show.

    Michele and Bridget's confrontation was FIRE! No punches thrown, but the intensity was at that tipping point. I loved the interaction. They know how to get under each other's skin. It's only gonna get more intense from here.

    The baby's born, and the family gathers. Joy's lurking, and oops, Brianna's badge lays on the floor. Lucky for Joy.

    I also really loved the scenes between Vicky and Steven. Vicky's confronted with someone who is incredibly familiar to her. In a lot of ways, Joy mirrors Vicky herself, and she doesn't like it. I enjoyed that play on history.

    You've created a very solid episode yet again, and I can't wait to see the big finish. Is Joy gonna get the baby for Reginald?

    ReplyDelete
  3. But he got one thing wrong. Frankie did NOT deliberately stay Away!She had amnesia! Ann was her long lost twin, supposedly drowned in a river fleeing a child molester. She was found with amnesia, adopted and grew up to be Fax Newman's prosecutor,not defender, that was a lie to protect herself from Fax's insane family, but Fax knew Ann tried to hang him, and then he came to Bay City and saw her identical twin and learned Frankie was about to locate Ann and his true identity would be revealed so he ambushed them both in the barn when Ann burst in to save Frankie. Fax killed Ann and knocked Frankie out but had to flee with her before Joe came. He drove her to Ann's. town to kill her,and leave her with Ann's purse. She fought him and fell in a river unconscious and he threw Ann's purse after her, and she was rescued and had amnesia and was naturally mistaken for Ann until a client attacked her and her DNA was revealed in the hospital and her memory returned. Oh and I hear Tomas and Luisa have trouble. Angela married a rich guy to get her inheritance money and had a son to ensure she was set, then neglected him and left him with a bad nanny and he got killed, and she t ried to manipulate Luisa to hurt Tomas and Tomas has gone through a series of bad women trying to get Luisa a Mother-figure,to no avail and he's very bitter towards women. Luisa has been molested as a girl but has ovetcome it to become a nurse, then Angela and her mother were attacked by enemies of her rich now ex-husband.Angela's mother was killed and Angela got amnesia and Luisa is secretly taking care of her and manipulating HER into thinking they've always had a wonderful mother-daughter relationship and one more thing. When it was discovered Reginald helped Grant fake hid death, Tito was released and kidnapped Remy from her wedding to Nick.He thought she left him and slept with Sofia,and then one of Tito and Remy's old "marks"came to town and terrorized them all and killed Tito as he and Nick fought to the death. The mark raped Remy and almost killed her and Nick with a bomb until Joe killed him and saved the day. Lastly we're going to find out that Rachael and Justine were twins,and Zoe Nikos is going to come to town and reveal that Lucas and Alexander were twins and Carl knew and Lucas worked for Carl back them and He unknowingly fired the bullet that killed Zoe's mother,so Alexander came to Bay City to take Lucas's wife as a replacement, and Zoe and Reginald had Carl poisoned to aggravate the tumor, and now Zoe wants to destroy Rachael for killing her daddy.

    ReplyDelete