Friday, June 17, 2016

ANOTHER WORLD 213 Carl gets some mysterious information from Lorna

ANOTHER WORLD 213
Carl gets some mysterious information from Lorna
Written By:  C. Nathaniel Richardson
Consultants:  ML Cooks and A. Washington Beeby

HOSPITAL
John Hudson is in his office and Brianna Jameson walks in.
Brianna:  Hi Dr. Hudson?
John:  Yeah come on in.  
Brianna:  HR sent me.
John:  Right.  I like to meet all the candidates, well, as many as I can.
Brianna:  Right.
John:  So I went over your resume, and you did your clinicals at Mass. General?
Brianna:  Yes.  It was a great experience.  I learned a great deal.
John:  So what brings you from Boston to Bay City?
Brianna:  Boston is a such a big city.  I’m a small town kinda gal you know?
John:  Bay City General though?
Brianna:  Yeah I...heard a lot about this hospital.  Never a dull moment.  I think you were treated here for malaria.
John:  By a guy who shouldn’t have been practicing.
Brianna:  Yeah I uh...heard about Fax Newman, too.  
John:  I see you’ve done your research.
Brianna:  Yes sir I did.  
John:  And since you’ve done your homework, you know that we never have enough good nurses.  
Brianna:  Very hard to come by in this field.
John:  You’re exactly right.  There’s been some turnover here and we need somebody who’s gonna stick around.
Brianna:  Hopefully Bay City will be a place that I’d like to stay in.  A good job could factor into that.
John:  A job I hope that you can start today.
Brianna:  Today?  Does this mean I….?
John:  That’s if you want it.
Brianna:  I’ll take it!  Thank you. I will make my presence felt here.   I promise you that.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
OUTSIDE OF JOHN’S OFFICE...Brianna makes a phone call…
Brianna:  Mama.  It’s me.  Yeah I got the job.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
CORY PRODUCTIONS
Amanda and Rachel walk into Matt’s office.  Matt is sitting at his desk.
Matt:  Hey mom.
Rachel:  Hi honey.
Matt:  Amanda how was the board meeting?
Amanda walks slowly Matt’s desk and puts papers on it.
Amanda:  It was...interesting to say the least.
Matt:  What is this?
Amanda:  The contract.
Matt:  For the merger?
Amanda:  Yes.
Matt:  Are sure you can trust Iris?
Rachel:  I sure wouldn’t.
Amanda:  That’s why this contract was drawn up.  She has to agree to be the co-CEO of the new company.
Rachel:  You’d be having to watch your back so she doesn’t stab you in it.
Amanda:  She said she’d think about it, but my offer has an expiration date.  
Rachel:  You’ve done well Amanda.
Amanda:  She needs the connections that we have to grow her brand.
Matt:  What are you gonna do when Iris tries to betray you?
Rachel:  Carl and I have come up with a plan.  Iris won’t betray you.
Matt:  What about Paulina and Sandy?
Amanda:  My sister and my other brother are okay with it.   I’ve gotten their written agreements.  I need yours now.  
Matt:  Well you know you’re also going to need the board to sign off on it, too.
Amanda:  That’s the problem.  One of the board members retired effective immediately.  
Matt:  So we can’t execute the deal until we have all seven board members’ signatures.
Amanda:  First we gotta find another board member.
Matt gets up and and blinks his eyes.
Amanda:  Matt what’s wrong?
Matt:  Nothing I just feel a little...hungry.
Matt tries to walk and stumbles.
Rachel:  Something’s wrong with you.  We need to get you to the hospital.
Matt:  Mom.
Amanda:  Mom’s right.  You need to get checked out.
-------------------------------------------------------
CORY MANSION
Carl opens the front door and Lorna walks in with an envelope.
Lorna:  I got it.
Lorna gives him the envelope and Carl reads its contents.
Carl:  This is exactly what I was hoping for.   Thank you.
Lorna:  Are you...ready for your party?
Carl:  As ready as I’ll ever be.  How’s Devin Lucas adjusting?
Lorna:  I don’t think he’s having any problems whatsoever getting acclimated to Bay City.
-------------------------------------------------------
SUITE
Devin Lucas opens the door and Iris walks in.
Devin Lucas:  Sorry I haven’t been in touch with you.  I went to see my dad.
Iris:  Really?  About?
Devin Lucas:  Just...just some family stuff.
Iris:  I’m really really sorry about Carl.
Devin Lucas:  Is that right?  I thought you’d be jumping for joy being that you tried to shoot him at his wedding.
Iris:  I’ve done my time for that.  It was a learning experience.
Devin Lucas:  And exactly what did you take from it?  How to be a better shot?
Iris:  I saw the pain on Rachel’s face when I heard her say he had a brain tumor, and she’s already had so much loss in her life, as have I...so yes I’m sorry that your father’s dying.  My father died, too.
Devin Lucas:  It’s tough, but I didn’t call you over here to give your fake condolences for Carl.
Iris:  Well excuse me for being concerned.
Devin Lucas:  What did you decide about Amanda’s merger proposal?
CAMERA PAN ON IRIS...SLOW FADE TO THEME SONG

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PART 2
HOSPITAL EXAM ROOM
Amanda waits with Matt.
Matt:  Come on Amanda I’m not three you and mom don’t have to wait here with me.
Amanda:  Will you let me be concerned about you?  I am your sister.
Matt:  I’m fine okay.  I don’t even know why I agreed to come here.
Amanda:  Because mom and I weren’t gonna give up until you did.
A nurse walks in with a chart.
Nurse:  This is...Matthew Cory?
Matt:  Yep.
Nurse:  Is this your…
Matt:  Sister.
Nurse:  Well sister…
Amanda:  Name’s Amanda.
Nurse:  Amanda I’ll need you to wait outside.  I need to examine your brother.
Amanda:  I’ll be right out here.
Amanda leaves the room as the nurse retrieves a blood pressure strap.
Matt:  Before you poke and prod me, can I get your name?
Brianna:  Oh sorry.  My name’s Brianna.
-----------------------------------------
OUTSIDE THE ROOM
Amanda talks to Rachel.
Rachel:  How’s Matthew?
Amanda:  Stubborn as always.  Anything on Iris yet?
-------------------------------------------
Iris:  I haven’t decided yet.
Devin Lucas:  Well you need to make some type of decision because I’m sure Amanda’s offer’s not gonna stay on the table.
Iris:  If I accept this offer, KBAY could become a powerful company.
Devin Lucas:  But you and I were supposed to take over the company and make it powerful.
Iris:  You have to trust me on this.  I have a place for you in the company.
Devin Lucas:  Doesn’t it make you wonder why Amanda proposed a merger to you?  Out of the blue?
Iris:  I’m considering everything here.  
Devin Lucas:  Sounds like you’re double crossing me.
Iris:  No.  No that’s not it at all.  You have to trust me on this.  I know exactly what I intend to do.
Devin Lucas:  Which is?
Iris:  You’ll have to wait and see won’t you?
Iris leaves and Devin Lucas makes a phone call.
Devin Lucas:  Hi it’s me.
The person on the other end is Carl.
Carl:  So what happened?
------------
Devin Lucas:  She did exactly as you said she would.
-----------
Carl:  You can’t trust her, especially when it comes to Cory Productions.   Don’t worry son, I’ll see to it that Iris will be neutralized.
------------
Devin Lucas:  Are you at home?
------------
Carl:  Yes...with your mother.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
CORY MANSION
Carl hangs up and walks back into the living room where Lorna awaits.
Lorna:  What do you plan on doing with what I gave you?
Carl:  Don’t worry your pretty little head about it.
Lorna:  So you’re not gonna let me in on this plan?
Carl:  Not completely, but I will tell you that what’s in this envelope has been twenty years in the making.  It’s time I finally stick it to Grant Harrison.
FREEZE FRAME ON CARL...SLOW FADE OUT...END OF EPISODE 213





No comments:

Post a Comment