Friday, June 17, 2016

ANOTHER WORLD 208 Carl, Lorna and Devin Lucas share a tender moment ...and others reconnect

ANOTHER WORLD 208
Carl, Lorna and Devin Lucas share a tender moment
...and others reconnect
Consultants:  aMLCproduction and beebs


PART 1
CORY PRODUCTIONS
Matt is in his office when Maggie knocks on the door.  Matt doesn’t look up and he’s looking over some papers.
Matt:  Come in.
Maggie:  Take a break from work why don’t you?
Matt:  What?  Maggie.  Heeeey.
Matt gets up and they embrace.
Maggie:  It’s Dr. Maggie Winthrop to you.
Matt:  Are you serious?  Wow congratulations!  When did this all happen?  
Maggie:  After I broke up with Rafael.  I decided to go to school and become a doctor.
Matt:  And what’s up with the Winthrop.  You dropped the Cory name?
Maggie:  My mom came to town and finally told Cass the truth.
Matt:  I guess now you’re Cass’s daughter.  I wonder whose daughter you’ll be next week.
Maggie:  Ha ha ha funny.  Not out of the realm of possibility where Cecile’s concerned.  She produced a DNA test this time.  I’m definitely Cass’s biological daughter.
Matt:  Man I can’t believe you’re a doctor now.  You were always one determined gal.
Maggie:  Oh are you talking about when I was scheming.
Matt:  Yeaaah Maggie you had it bad for Nick Hudson though.  You pulled every trick in the book to get him.
Maggie:  Well I’m not that girl anymore.  I got a job at the hospital.
Matt:  Ohh so you’ll be on staff at Bay City General.
Maggie:  Yep.
Matt:  Man you’ve been real busy.  I’m proud of you.  You’ve done well for yourself.
Maggie:  That means a lot coming from you.  I had one video chat interview with Dr. John Hudson and he hired me.
Matt:  Dr. Maggie Winthrop.  I’m liking the sound of that.
Maggie smiles at Matt’s words of encouragement.
--------------------------------------------------------------
AT THE HUDSONS
Sharlene adjusts John’s tie as he’s about to leave.
Sharlene:  Don’t tell me that the cool, calm and collected Dr. John Hudson is nervous about his interview today.
John:  Me?  Nervous?  Naaaah.
Sharlene:  It’s understandable.  This is big.  They’re interviewing you for the Chief of Staff position.
John:  Alright I’m a little nervous...just a little.  I mean I’m acting Chief of Staff already.  I should have a leg up on the competition right?
Sharlene:  Right.
-----------------------------------------------------------
BAY CITY CENTER
Iris walks out of the coffee shop and a man bumps into her, and causes her to drop her cup of coffee and her purse.
Iris (bending down to pick up her purse):  Oh no!  I really wanted that latte.  Watch where the hell you’re going!
Man:  Alright the next latte’s on me.
Iris is surprised by who she sees.
Iris:  Russ Matthews?  What are you doing here?
Russ:  I...had an interview at the hospital.
Iris:  Interview?  Sounds like you’re trying to come back to Bay City for a while.
Russ:  It’s not just that.  I’m...consulting on a patient, too.
Iris:  Hmm who is this....mystery patient?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
CORY MANSION
Mitch and Felicia are in the foyer.
Mitch:  Lorna did say she had a surprise for ya.
Felicia:  Did she ever?  I never ever knew, or had any reason to think that she and Carl had a son..my grandson.  All grown up.  In the living room.
Mitch:  I see all those grandparenty instincts kicking in.  Like I told you at Tops.
Felicia:  Words can’t describe how I feel right now.  I thought I’d never be so ecstatic to find out that I’m a grandmother.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Carl, Lorna, and Devin Lucas are alone in the living room.
Devin Lucas:  Felicia’s everything you said she is.
Lorna:  One of the best people I’ve ever known.
Carl:  Fiercely loyal to those she loves.  You’ll be lucky to have your grandmother here.
Devin Lucas:  She said I looked...like ‘him’.  Was she talking about my grandfather Lucas?
Lorna:  Yes.  She loved him with all of her heart.  
Carl:  Just like we...love you, son.
Devin Lucas:  Why now though?  Why is this the only time I’m gonna get to spend with my dad?  
Carl:  It took me that long to pay off Lucas’s creditors.
Lorna:  We had to protect you honey.  They would have come after you.  Carl called me and told me that it was safe for you to come to Bay City.
Devin Lucas:  All those years of boarding schools.  The only way I could communicate with my dad was by letters, emails, and then texts.
Lorna:  I’m sorry that it had to be that way, but we had to protect you.  
Devin Lucas:  I get it.  
Lorna:  I love you more than anything else in this world honey.  I was such a hardened, tough girl, but you made me melt.  You made me become a mother.
Carl:  We both love you….so much.
CAMERA PAN ON CARL...SLOW FADE TO THEME SONG.

--------------------------------------------------------
PART 2
Russ and Iris are walking out of the coffee shop slowly.
Iris:  I’m surprised to see you back here.
Russ:  Bay City’s always been my home.  I’m looking forward to being back.
Iris:  I’ve been trying to get Sarah to come here, but she’s loving Paris too much.
Russ:  I coulda told ya that.  Our granddaughter isn’t coming to the states any time soon.
Iris:  D.J.’s birthday is coming soon.
Russ:  What are you planning on sending him?  I’m sure you’re gonna send him a lavish gift with your new found Spaulding money.
Iris:  You act like I’m gonna buy him a Porsche or something.  
Russ smirks.
Iris:  Don’t look at me like that.  I want our grandson to learn responsibility and the value of hard work.
Russ:  Olivia says he’s not ready for a car yet.
Iris:  So tell me about your interview.
Russ:  I think it went pretty well.  Hopefully they’ll pick me.
Iris:  I’m sure they’ll have a place on staff for you there.  I used to be on the board.  Do you want me to make some calls?
Russ:  No no no Iris I don’t need your help.  If I meant to be the Chief of Staff, then that’s what I’ll be.
Iris:  Chief of Staff?  Aim for the stars.  You do know that Sharlene’s husband is the acting Chief of Staff.
Russ:  I know...John Hudson.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
John walks into his office and Sharlene is there and he doesn’t close the door all the way.
Sharlene:  How’d it go?
John:  As well as can be expected.  They’re gonna make a decision in the next couple of days.
Sharlene:  I really hope you get it.
John:  They take the interim tag off and make me permanent Chief of Staff.
Sharlene hugs John and kisses him.
John:  Means so much to me to have your support.
Sharlene:  I wouldn’t care what you did for a living.
John:  Legally of course.
Sharlene:  After everything we’ve been through, I realize more than ever how much I love you, and appreciate you.
They hug each other tightly.
John:  Ahhh Sharlene.  I don’t wanna ever lose you again.
Meanwhile, Brianna Jameson walks slowly toward the door, and peeks at John and Sharlene.
John:  Well if they don’t select me, I will have still made a key addition to the staff.
Sharlene:  Oh?
John:  Maggie Winthrop.
------------------------------------------------
Matt:  I mean it.  It seems you’ve...gotten more mature.  You’ve become a doctor for God’s sake.
Maggie:  I’ll admit I had some growing up to do.  I was so hung up on Nick I couldn’t see straight.  Then I just left town with Rafael.
Matt:  It was a long time ago.
Maggie:  But I learned from it.  Being with Rafael taught me a lot.   He didn’t do anything wrong.  It was a wild, thrilling ride with him, but we just went our separate ways.  We left Bay City together, but we didn’t grow together, you know?   I wanted to go to medical school and...he wanted to do...what he wanted to do.
Matt:  I can only imagine what that was.  He worked for Carl before so whatever it was he was doing couldn’t have been savory.
Maggie:  I insisted he never tell me.
Matt:  Well I’m not judging you because Blair Baker, Jackie Warren, whatever her name was, she certainly wasn’t on the up and up, and I was head over heels for her...and Lila.
Maggie:  Well at least a blessing came out from you and Lila.
Matt:  Jasmine’s the apple of my eye.  You should see her.  She’s all grown up, and it happened so fast.
Maggie:  We both had to put our big girl and big boy pants on right?  Time for us to become adults.
Matt:  You’re exactly right.  I take it you’re gonna go see my mom.
Maggie:  Of course.  I still know the way to the Corys.
-----------------------------------------------------------
CORY MANSION
Mitch:  I bet you wanna buy him anything he wants now don’t you?  You wanna spoil him just like I spoil my granddaughter.
Felicia:  Oh you admit it that you spoil Jasmine.
Rachel walks downstairs.
Rachel:  Of course we do Felicia.  Why are the living room doors closed?
Mitch:  Carl and Lorna in there.
Felicia:  And Devin Lucas.
Rachel:  Carl’s son?  He’s here?
------------------------------------------------------------------
Devin Lucas:  I hate this.  You don’t have much time left dad.
Carl:  I had to make things right for you.  I can’t leave this earth knowing that you’re not safe.  
Lorna:  But you are now.  We all are.
Devin Lucas:  Did you tell Cory and Elizabeth?
Carl:  All of the children know.  
Lorna:  You’re having a party in a couple of days.
Carl:  Announcing it to everyone else.
Devin Lucas:  I wish there was...something I could do to give us more time together.
Carl:  Son, just be strong.  You’ll have plenty of support.
Lorna:  You’ll have your brother and sisters; Mitch, your grandmother, and me.
The three hug each other…as Felicia, Mitch and Rachel quietly watch.
FREEZE FRAME ON FELICIA, MITCH, AND RACHEL…SLOW FADE OUT….END OF EPISODE 208

No comments:

Post a Comment