Friday, June 17, 2016

ANOTHER WORLD 196 Carl makes another secret move

ANOTHER WORLD 196
Carl makes another secret move.
Written by:  C. Nathaniel Richardson
Consultants:  aMLCproduction, beebs, and DRW50

CORY MANSION
Outside the front door, Frankie rings the doorbell as she waits with Cass and Charlie.
Frankie:  I wonder what Carl wanted.
Cass:  Maybe he wants to get to know his daughter.
Charlie:  And his granddaughter.
Frankie:  I’ve been bad.  I haven’t even reached out to him since he got back.
Cass:  Maybe this is the perfect opportunity for you to bond.
Matt opens the door, and Frankie hugs him.
Matt:  Wow...what was that for?
Frankie:  I never thanked you did I?
Matt:  For what?
Frankie:  I wouldn’t be here if it weren’t for you.
Carl and Rachel walk up to them.
Carl:  Thank God.  
-------------------------------------------------
BAY CITY CENTER
Reporters gather and set near their chairs while Grant is near the podium.  He is signaled by Christy.  They slink off into a secluded corner.
Grant (whispering):  What the hell is wrong with you?  We can’t be seen together!
Christy:  Is that any way to treat the lady who’s gonna get your lady for you?
Grant:  I have a press conference shortly.  What is it?
Christy:  This is everything.
Grant:  Everything?
Christy:  Everything you’re going to need to get Jack away from Paulina.
Christy gives him a jump drive.
Christy:  I had all the evidence moved to this.
Grant:  Hmm.  How do I know this is what I’m looking for?
Christy:  Well you’ll need to look at it won’t you?  Hurry, you’ve got a press conference coming up.
Christy sneaks away unseen by anyone.
-----------------------------------------
POLICE STATION
Paulina walks into Jack’s office.
Jack:  Hi.  Sorry.  I didn’t mean to keep you waiting.  Just making all the detail was in place for Grant’s press conference at the Center.
Paulina:  Right.
Paulina sighs nervously.
Paulina:  So...what did you want to see me about?  Could it have something to do with our kiss?
Jack closes the door and pulls Paulina into a kiss.
Jack:  Now...what was that you asked me?
They continue to kiss, then Paulina stops him.
Jack:  Hey.  Is everything okay?
Paulina has a flashback while looking at Jack’s face.
(EPISODE 195)
Jake:  Listen, just be careful okay.  He’s going through a rough patch with his wife.  Believe me, I know what those are.  
Paulina:  I’m going to help him through that.
Jake:  I don’t think you’re considering the possibility that Jack could go back to Carly.  You need to be ready for that.
Paulina flashes back to the present.
Paulina:  We can’t do this.  This isn’t right.
CAMERA PAN ON PAULINA...SLOW FADE TO THEME SONG

------------------------------------------------------
PART 2
Grant is back at home, and he plugs in the contents of the jump drive that Christy gave him at the Center...and grins with pleasure...with Christy in the background.
Grant:  Gotcha Jack.
Christy:  What’s your next move?
Grant:  You first.
Christy:  Well you know I can’t do that.  You’ll have to wait just like everybody else.
Grant:  Just know that whatever Jack and Paulina think they have, it’s going to be over.
--------------------------------------------------------
Jack:  What do you mean?  
Paulina:  I’ve been doing some thinking.  You’re still married to Carly.
Jack:  On paper.
Paulina:  And you two have a long history together.
Jack:  So do we.
Paulina:  And you have two daughters.  I can’t come between everything you have with Carly.
Jack:  This is a competition?
Paulina:  You still love her don’t you?
Jack:  A part of me is always gonna love Carly.
Paulina:  Is the same part thinking about going back to her?
Jack:  Where am I?
Paulina:  Here.
Jack:  Yes...with you.  That’s who I wanna be with...you.
Paulina smiles.
Jack:  Carly is the mother of my children, but you are the woman I...I love.
Paulina:  Jack?  Did you just say…?
Jack:  Paulina Cory Carlino, I love you.
They kiss.
----------------------------------------------------------
AT THE CORYS…
Cass, Frankie, Charlie, Carl, Rachel and Matt are gathered in the living room.
Carl:  Thank you for coming Frankie.  Glad you’re here, too Cass.  Charlie, my beautiful granddaughter.
Frankie sighs nervously.
Frankie:  I’m glad you called, but I can’t help but wondering what this might be about.
Cass:  After all this time, you called Frankie to come over.
Carl:  I owe you an apology.  I owe you both...an apology.
Frankie:  I don’t understand.
Carl:  I caused a lot of pain in your lives in the past...with what I did to Kathleen McKinnon.
Frankie:  Especially the first time we met.
Carl:  I threatened Cass’s life.  
Cass:  Well Carl I can speak for Frankie and myself on that.  We forgive you.
Carl:  However, there’s something else.  I wasn’t here for you when that stalker tried to kill you.
Matt:  We’ll leave you three alone.
Rachel:  I have some errands to run.
Frankie:  No please.  Stay...both of you, especially you Matt, and you, too Rachel.  I wouldn’t have been able to reunite with Cass.
Frankie clenches Cass’s right hand.
Frankie:  I wouldn’t have been able to see Charlie get married.  I wouldn’t be here if it weren’t for you.
Matt:  Frankie you don’t have to…
Frankie:  Yes, Matt, I do.  I never thanked you and Rachel...for saving my life.
Rachel:  Dr. Wu saved your life.  He gave you a life saving injection.
Matt:  He came from Salem.  I called him right before mom and I walked the grounds.  
Rachel:  I heard you screaming.
Matt:  We both did, but I didn’t want mom in danger, so I told her it was our old dog Adelaide.
Rachel:  We had to let everything play out.
Matt:  As we walked toward the ice house I knew the stalker was near when we heard him slam the door.
Frankie then begins to recall the events of that horrific night.
Frankie: I confronted him, and ripped his mask off.  I couldn’t believe it was him.  Then...I begged him not to kill me.
After Fax tried to kill me, I was only able to carve part of an F in the rock.  After I hunched over, I felt an injection, but I.... I couldn’t move, but I was alive.  I couldn’t say anything, I couldn’t do anything.  
Matt:  The drug that Dr. Wu gave you gives you the appearance that you were dead.
Rachel:  It also slowed down your pulse.
Cass starts to rub Frankie back in support.
Cass:  I was frantic.  I knew you were in danger.  I had no idea what to do.
Frankie:  I’m so sorry Cass that I put you through that.
Cass:  You didn’t do anything wrong honey.
Frankie:  I heard you in the morgue when you were holding me.  You told Felicia that you wanted to take me home.  She and John talked you out of it, but I heard everything you said.  
Cass:  Rachel, if you knew Frankie was alive, then why didn’t you tell us?  
Charlie:  Dad was devastated.  I was, too.  Why didn’t you say anything?
Rachel:  Charlie, honey, If Fax had found out that your mother was still alive, he probably would have come after her or your father, or even you.
Matt:  We couldn’t take that risk.
Rachel:  Shortly after that, he was captured.
Cass:  But Frankie you didn’t come back.  
Matt:  Fax Newman came from a very rich and powerful family.
Rachel:  And a corrupt onee.  We didn’t want to risk them doing anything to you because of their son.
Charlie:  But you did come back...as Anne O’Donnell.
Matt:  His family died before 1999, and it was safe for Frankie to come back.
Carl:  And I’m very happy about that.  
Carl gets an alert on his cell phone.
Carl:  I’ll be right back.  I have to take this.
-------------------------------------------------
OUTSIDE THE LIVING ROOM

Carl leaves through the glass double doors and looks at the alert on his cell phone which reads:  TRANSFER COMPLETE.  Then he makes a phone call.
Carl:  It’s me.  It’s finally over.  It’s safe now.
FREEZE FRAME ON CARL...SLOW FADE OUT...END OF EPISODE 196

No comments:

Post a Comment