Friday, June 17, 2016

ANOTHER WORLD 190 Grant and Christy arouse suspicion

ANOTHER WORLD 190
Grant and Christy arouse suspicion
Created by:  William J. Bell and Irna Phillips
Written By:  C. Nathaniel Richardson
Consultants:  aMLCproduction, beebs, DRW50

AT THE WINTHROPS - Someone knocks on the door and Cass opens it.  It’s Charlie.
Cass:  Heeeeey!!!  You’re back!
Charlie:  Yep.  
Frankie walks in.
Frankie:  Hey honey!
Cass:  How was it?
Charlie:  Oh come on.  You guys know how honeymoons go.
Frankie:  We sure do.  
Charlie:  It was magical.
Frankie:  You didn’t wanna come back did you?
Charlie:  Kirkland and I could have laid there forever.  It was like there was no world outside.  Just us.
Cass:  I know that feeling.
Frankie:  You must have had a long flight.  Are you hungry?
Charlie:  Not really.  Thanks mom.
Cass:  Where’s Kirkland?
Charlie:  He went to see his father.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GRANT’S HOUSE - Kirkland rings the doorbell and Christy answers.
Christy:  Hi Kirkland.
Kirkland walks past Christy looking around.
Kirkland:  Where’s my dad?
Christy:  He’s getting dressed.  You can wait for him.
Kirkland:  Are you dad’s housekeeper or something Christy?
Christy:  Far from that my dear.
Kirkland:  What are you doing here anyway?  Especially after you crashed me and my wife’s wedding reception.
Christy:  Look I...I owe you an apology.
Kirkland:  You’re damned right.  You and your creepy son.
Christy:  Eric is not creepy, and he had nothing to do with it.  It was all my idea.  I shouldn’t have done it.
A fully dressed Grant walks in.
Grant:  Hey son!  When did you get back?  
Kirkland:  Couple hours ago.  Dad can I speak to you for a minute?
Christy:  I’ll...go into the study.
Kirkland and Grant look to make sure she’s out of sight, then Kirkland turns his attention to Grant.
Kirkland:  Dad what is she doing here?
Grant:  Can’t I be charitable?
Kirkland:  Charity?  So you just gave this woman, who tormented Charlie’s parents, a place to live?
Grant:  Are you saying that I am not giving?  I’ll have you know that I give to a lot of organizations.
Kirkland:  Yeah, especially to the ones that you can get a big tax write off for.
Grant:  Did you learn comedy on your honeymoon?
Kirkland:  Dad you never answered my question?  What is Christy Carson doing here?  I noticed you two made eye contact when she showed up uninvited at Tops.
Grant:  Son I can’t get into that right now.
Kirkland:  Come on dad.  Are we gonna go down this road again?  I read that her parole was denied.  After that she gets out, and now she’s living here.  What’s going on?
Grant:  She’s....helping me to get Paulina back.
Kirkland:  Are you on that again?  Why would Christy help you to do that?
Grant:  Because I love Paulina.  I never stopped.
Kirkland:  Nahhh there’s something more to it than that.
Grant:  I’ll have to tell you later son.  Hey why don’t you go see your mother.  I’m sure she’d be happy to see you.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AT THE MCKINNONS - In front of the house, Jake, Vicky, Michael and Donna are all discussing Michele…
Jake:  Vicky are you serious?
Vicky:  Are you telling me that Reginald isn’t capable of poisoning her mind?
Michael:  He held me prisoner for over twenty years.  He sure can brainwash my granddaughter.
Donna (turning to Michael):  For some reason, though, I don’t think that’s the case.  Bridget did some questionable things that lead to Michele’s accident.  
Vicky:  Yeah, she did.
Michael:  So that’s why you think Michele might be angry at Bridget.  What do you think she’s gonna do?
Donna:  I have no idea, but I have a very bad feeling.
Vicky:  So you think that...Michele is gonna do something to Bridget, just like Marley did something to me?
Donna:  Yes, and we’ve got to stop it.
Vicky:  Michele is not gonna hurt her sister.
Jake has a flashback..
(EPISODE 184)
Jake:  It’s a long story honey, but it turns out that Lindsay Winthrop is my daughter.
Michele:  My goodness.
Bridget:  And she’s a deceitful lying little bitch, and I want nothing to do with her.
Michele looks at Bridget, then looks at Jake.
Michele:  Well...I’d like to meet her.  
Jake flashes back to the present…
Jake:  Wait a minute.  I know exactly where Michele is.
They all follow Jake, and Bridget comes out, and follows everyone else.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HOSPITAL EXAM ROOM - Michele is with Gregory and Lindsay…
Gregory:  Thank you.
Michele:  She looked she was in a lot of pain.  I’m just glad I was here for you.
Lindsay:  And it was really sweet of you to stay with me.  Thank you.
Gregory:  Hey I’m Greg.
Lindsay:  And my name’s Lindsay.  It’s nice to meet you...uh…
Lindsay extends her right hand to Michele, and Michele has a flashback (EPISODE 184).
Jake:  Um…
Bridget:  Lindsay came to Bay City and lied to all of us.  She tried to be my friend, knowing all the while that she was my sister.
Michele:  Our sister?
Jake:  It’s a long story honey, but it turns out that Lindsay Winthrop is my daughter.
Michele:  My goodness.
Bridget:  And she’s a deceitful lying little bitch, and I want nothing to do with her.
Michele looks at Bridget, then looks at Jake.

Michele:  Well...I’d like to meet her.  
Michele flashes back to the present.
Michele:  I’m Michele.
Lindsay:  Oh...nice to meet you.
Gregory:  I appreciate you being here for Lindsay.
Michele:  Oh it’s not problem.
Michele tries to walk past them and Lindsay stops her as she approaches the door.
Lindsay:  Wait Michele.  You said that John was your uncle.
Gregory:  My dad?
Lindsay:  Yeah.  Who are you?  Jake had a daughter named Michele..  
Michele:  I really need to go.
Lindsay grabs her arm before she can open the door.
Lindsay:  What kind of game are you playing?
CAMERA PAN ON MICHELE...SLOW FADE OUT...CUT TO THEME SONG.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PART 2
Cass:  He went to see Grant?  What’s the matter with him?  He doesn’t wanna shoot the breeze with his in-laws?
Charlie:  He wants to see parents just as I want to see mine.
Frankie:  I’m sure we’ll all catch up later.  When did you get back?
Charlie:  About a couple of hours ago.  
Cass puts his arm around Frankie’s shoulder.
Charlie:  So have you heard anything from Christy Carson since she showed up at the reception?
Frankie:  I’ve...I’ve seen her.
Cass:  What do you mean Frankie?
Frankie:  She asked to meet with me the other day.  
Charlie:  Why?
Frankie:  She apologized for crashing the reception.
Cass:  I can’t believe you would even meet with her.  Come on you’re not falling for this!
Frankie:  That’s what Felicia said.
Cass:  Christy is pulling you into her web.
Frankie:  I’m giving her a second chance Cass.  Who am I to hold a grudge?
Charlie:  I wasn’t born yet when Christy did all those things to you, but, from what I heard, it was really bad mom.  I think you need to be careful where she’s concerned.
Cass:  That’s what I’ve been trying to tell her, but she won’t listen.
Frankie:  Come on I wasn’t born yesterday.  You think I don’t have questions myself?  Her parole was denied, and then she was miraculously released.  
Cass:  Makes you wonder doesn’t it?
Frankie:  Of course it does, and you guys are just gonna have to trust me.  If Christy is up to something, I’m gonna find out what it is.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Christy creeps up to the living room and listens as Kirkland and Grant continue their conversation.
Kirkland:  I’ll see mom later.  We’re talking about you and Christy.
Grant:  Listen I’ve told you everything that I’m going to tell you.  The less you know, the better.
Kirkland:  You called in a favor didn’t you?  You got the governor to pardon Christy of her crimes so she can help you get Paulina back?  That’s a crock dad.
Christy, while listening, has a flashback.
(EPISODE 152)
Christy:  Eric, I’m so glad to see you!  Did you do it?
Eric:  Yep.  I got everything out of there.  It wasn’t easy though.
Christy:  Oh my sweet boy.  You sure know how to make your mama proud.
Then she has another flashback...(EPISODE 155)
Grant:  I’m gonna ask you again, what happened to Scooter?
Christy:  He and I were good friends, and I’m gonna miss him dearly.
Grant:  What the hell are you talking about?  I just talked to him about an hour ago.
Christy:  Well, Scooter had an unfortunate…occurrence.  From what I heard, he just couldn’t take it anymore.  He couldn’t stand the pressure of knowing what he knew, so he killed himself.  Luckily for him, he had a friend like me, so what he knew, I now know.
Grant:  And just what is it that you think you have knowledge of?
Christy:  I know that it’s something you’ve been looking for, but that’s not all.
Grant:  I don’t think you have any idea who you’re trying to play games with.
Christy:  Oh.  I know exactly who you are.  You’re the very powerful, very wealthy, Grant Harrison.  If you want something to happen, it usually does.  
Grant:  I’m leaving.
Grant turns to leave and then...
Christy:  I also know about your connection to Mary-Frances’s twin brother, and I know where the dossier is.
Grant:  It was you.  Who did you order to break into my house?
Christy:  Now I’ve got your attention.  I’m not gonna ask you for much...just one small favor...get me the hell out of here.
Christy interrupts Grant and Kirkland’s conversation.
Christy:  Oh I’m sorry.  I couldn’t help but overhearing.  I am very grateful for your father helping me to get out of that facility.  The least I could do is to help him get back the woman he loves.
Kirkland looks back and forth at Grant and Christy.
Kirkland:  No...something’s not right here.  This isn’t over dad.  
Kirkland leaves.
Grant:  He’s getting suspicious.
Christy:  That much I gathered.
Grant:  You’re gonna need to move out.
Christy:  I’d like a suite downtown.  
Grant:  Whatever.  I’ll make a call.
Christy:  You better throw Kirkland off our trail, because if you don’t, this could blow up in all of our faces.  Where did he go anyway?
Grant:  I presume he went to tell his mother’s side of the family that he’s back in town.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lindsay:  I asked you a question.
Gregory:  How do you know my dad?
Michele:  I told her he was a friend of the family.
Lindsay:  You said he was your uncle, and you have the same name of my dead sister.  Whatever game you’re playing, it’s very cruel.
Michele:  It’s not a game!
Lindsay:  Then what is this?  Who are you?
Jake, Vicky, Donna, and Michael walk in.
Lindsay:  Jake, what are you doing here?
Jake goes directly to Michele.
Jake:  I knew you’d come here.
Lindsay:  You knew what?  What’s going on?
Donna and Michael also slowly approach Michele.
Donna:  Honey, what did you say to Lindsay?
Michele:  Why is everyone treating me like I’m fragile?
Michael:  Baby we’re just concerned.
Michele:  Nothing is wrong.  I just came to see…
Lindsay:  Will someone tell me what the hell is going on?
Jake:  This is your sister Michele.  Reginald changed her face.  She knew who you were all along.
Vicky:  Why is everyone ganging up on her?  You are acting as though she committed a crime.  All she came to do is see Lindsay.
Lindsay:  No wonder she said John was her uncle.  
Gregory:  My God...you’re...you’re alive.  Wow.
Lindsay suddenly doubles over in pain as she grabs her stomach.  She notices blood on one of her thighs...and so does Gregory.
Gregory:  Lindsay?
Jake:  My God.
Gregory:  We’re going to see a doctor.
Lindsay:  I’m...fine.
Gregory:  This isn’t gas.
Jake:  What’s going on?  
Gregory:  She’s been having stomach pains.  
Gregory, Lindsay, and Jake leave as Donna, Michael and Vicky continue to talk to Michele.
Donna:  Why don’t you come with us?  We’ll take you home.
Vicky:  Why don’t we all go...and see if Jake needs anything.
Michael:  Honey we’ll be waiting by the elevators for you.
Vicky:  I love you.
Donna:  We all do.
Michele:  I’ll be right behind you.
Michael, Vicky and Donna leave the exam room.  Michele takes a deep breath, and walks to the door, but before she approaches it, Bridget walks in and locks it.
Michele:  I was leaving.
Bridget:  No...not yet.
Michele: Everybody’s waiting for me.
Bridget:  You’re gonna tell me what you’re up to.
Michele:  Are you sure you wanna do this now?
Bridget:  Yes Michele...now.
FREEZE FRAME ON SPLIT SCREEN OF MICHELE AND BRIDGET...SLOW FADE OUT...END OF EPISODE 190

No comments:

Post a Comment